Wednesday, July 1, 2009

T Shirts, Yo!

It occured to me that with most of my DVDs are old cartoons and almost all of my tagged LJ entries are me talking about old cartoons, it might seem oddly uncharacteristic of me that I'm annoyed with Transformers: The Movie VHS ownership. At least to where even years later Russ and [info]vulpes mock me with it.

I was going to go into a long (hopefully amusing) tirade about that, but since I wanna mention something else, let's just suffice it to say that I watched it a billion times as a kid, which is more than enough viewings needed in one's lifetime, and anyone who'd want to start crying that it's a timeless cult classic of our 80's childhood, free of any and all things deserving complaints, all I have to respond with is: Fucking Daniel, Fucking Wheelie.


***

Anyways, last night [info]gosamyr and vulpes mentioned there's a Hot Topic t shirt with Soundwave DJing with all his cassette critters hanging out. That sounded cool, so after dropping mom off at Sam's Club I went to Hot Topic, but after seeing it... the art kinda sucks. I talked to George for a bit, bought a different Transformers t shirt, picked up mom and went home.

Now, I own quite a few t shirts. I get gifted alot, and I tend to buy more on impulse over my actual, physical necessity for covering my torso. This weekend I broke into a drawer of "old" t shirts because I was going out and really, really, really wanted something besides black to wear in this heat. I'm also somewhat of a packrat, so getting home today I looked at said drawer of old shirts and decided man, I ought to sort through some of this crap.

Except apparently that's not the only drawer of that crap. I had 3 fucking drawers filled with t shirts. Not even counting the one full of em I normally pull shirts out of. And some of them I remember wearing in high school. Now, I can vaguely recall this mess being partially from my laziness in unpacking from Tallahassee, I'm pretty sure I just dumped most of those in there without thinking about it, but still, fucking Christ.

So for about an hour this afternoon I went through shirts, throwing out the ones that were really fucked up, like with holes in em, and sorting the rest into "would probably wear again" or "probably won't wear again". "Probably won't wear again" is getting hauled over to Doofy's where they can pick out what they want before the rest gets heaved. I wondered for a second whether or not I should give them to Goodwill or something else more socially positive and less wasteful, but then the world is full of fucking free t shirts. I don't see giving them ones that have been in a drawer for 10+ years as useful.

For anyone who, for whatever bizarre reason, wants the opportunity on Friday to also dig through my hand me downs I will go on the record as saying that probably the best one shoved into the bag is "Illuminati: Someone You Trust Is One of Us". In case you were hoping to gank any of my Invader Zim shirts, no, those I'm keeping.